July 20, 2020 5:33 pm
Video on Facebook gets the best reach and engagement. If you don’t find this to be the case for your own Facebook business page, I challenge you that you’re not using the right strategy!
For years, Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, has been telling investors of a strategy to transform his company into a “video first” organization. And, he’s directly called out YouTube a couple of times on earnings calls as Facebook’s #1 competitor … when it comes to video, anyway.
YouTube and Facebook are the most widely used platforms among video marketers — used by 85% and 79%, respectively. ~HubSpot / Wyzowl
A recent major development with video on Facebook is they are preparing to launch officially licensed music videos in the U.S. starting August 1st, 2020, in a direct challenge to YouTube.
This news is potentially great for musicians/artists! And, for businesses, marketers and advertisers, too. Because, the more Facebook can keep users on site for longer periods of times, the more engagement, the more eyeballs, the more of a captive audience for your business.
“10 years ago, most of what we shared and consumed online was text. Now it’s photos. And soon, most of it will be videos. We see a world that is video first, with video at the heart of all of our apps and services.”
~ Mark Zuckerberg, CEO Facebook, Q2 2016 earnings call
If you’re not regularly creating and publishing video on your Facebook page, it’s time to get going!
- VIDEO gets the best organic reach
- VIDEO gets the best engagement
- VIDEO gets the best conversion
- VIDEO is the most affordable ad unit (video views)
- VIDEO is the best performing top of funnel content
Facebook has been determined for years to become the next digital streaming television. At least a major player in the video world. There’s mega billions to be made in ad revenue as more budgets move from mainstream television to online video services. Or, at least embrace both/and.
“The best marketers understand that people watch video differently in mobile feed. The goal is to create what we think of “thumb stopping creative” — videos that grab attention in the first few seconds, even without sound.”
~Sheryl Sandberg, COO Facebook, Q2 2016 earnings call
The most savvy marketers do exactly what Sheryl describes above. And, one of the best mobile apps I’ve discovered recently to create thumb-stopping, eye-catching short videos in the palm of your hand is BOOSTED: Video Maker by Lightricks.
Boost Your Video: Exciting New Challenge & Contest
I’m delighted to team up with Lightricks, a wonderfully successful creative mobile app company. (Lightricks is the company that makes Facetune, Enlight Videoleap, Enlight Pixaloop and more.)
To celebrate and showcase Lightricks’ newest app, BOOSTED: VIDEO MAKER, I’m hosting a fun contest and 21-Day Video Challenge!
Boosted Video Maker is the best app to quickly and easily create all types of pro videos for your social channels right on your PHONE!
It’s super fun and easy to participate in the challenge and enter the contest. Here’s the quick short scoop:
- All you need to do is download the Boosted: Video Maker mobile app (iOS or Android).
- Then create one (or more!) videos, and publish on your social channels with the hashtag #BYV21 over a 21 day period. We have fabulous prizes lined up!!!
- Come join our pop-up Facebook group for all the details.
You could win big PRIZES! Or, just go have fun using the app and easily create awesome video content for your organic and paid campaigns using the Boosted mobile app.
The most commonly-created types of video are explainer videos (72%) presentation videos (49%) testimonial videos (48%) sales videos (42%) and video ads (42%).
~Wyzowl’s Video Marketing Report 2020
I recently lead this fun Facebook Live to show off the Boosted Video Maker app, and unveil the contest and challenge.
21-DAY CHALLENGE DATES:
Day 1: Tuesday, July 21st, 2020
Day 21: Monday, August 10th, 2020
STEP #1: Get the app
Download the Boosted: Video Maker app (iOS or Android) using this special link: https://theboostapps.com/mari/ This link lets you claim your 3 months of Boosted Premium for just $4.99!
(Or, you can use the app for free. Just tap the ‘x’ at the top left of the offer screen to close it).
STEP#2: Create videos (easy!)
Create your best videos!
- Boosted has tons of templates with business-specific assets and messaging already made for you.
- You’ll be able to easily & quickly create videos in ~3 minutes.
- Use their assets, or yours, or a blend of both.
- Keep the default assets within the templates. Or, Premium users get Getty assets at a discount in the app.
- Easy peasy! Your own video editor in the palm of your hand!
STEP #3: Share on social with #BYV21
Post one (or more!) of your videos on your social channels with the hashtag #BYV21 between July 21st and August 10th, 2020.
Included social channels:
- (You’re welcome and encouraged to publish video content on any other channels as you wish. However, they won’t be counted as a contest entry.)
STEP #4: Celebrate in our Facebook Group
Each day, come back to our Facebook Group and show us your creations!
All participants/contestants will have an opportunity to post a link to their video in the comments of each day’s post.
We have awesome prizes for many lucky winners!! Winners will be selected at the end of the challenge and announced on a Facebook Live on my business page on Thursday, August 13th, 2020.
Grand Prize: Marketing Makeover with Mari!
1 winner: receive a complete assessment of your social media marketing & online presence with key strategic recommendations to improve your reach, results and revenue! Meet with Mari and team 1:1. (value $7,500)
Agorapulse: top social media management software
1 winner: a free year of Agorapulse Large plan! (value $1,900) [We are long time power users of Agorapulse here at Mari HQ, and love it!]
Facebook & Instagram Marketing Assessments by Mari
6 winners: receive a personalized video with recommendations for strategic changes to help improve your social media marketing efforts. (value $550 each)
Boosted: Video Maker app
3 winners: Lifetime Premium Plan! (value $120)
Tailwind: #1 Instagram and Pinterest scheduler and analytics tool.
1 winner: free year of Tailwind App for either Instagram or Pinterest, your choice (value $120)
Be.Live: Professional live streaming platform for YouTube and Facebook
2 winners: free year of Be.Live Standard+ plan (value $300)
Lights, Camera Gear, Microphone, ACTION!!
Ring Light Kit
1 winner: a Neewer 18″/48cm Outer 55W 5500K Dimmable LED Ring Light, Light Stand, and Carrying Bag
iOgrapher: accessories and cases for your mobile device
- 1 winner: Starter Live Bundle for Mobile Phones (value $95)
- 1 winner: Premium Live Video Bundle for Phones (value $175)
Blue Yeti Nano USB Microphone
1 winner: Blue Yeti Nano Premium USB Mic for Recording and Streaming – Cubano Gold. (value $120+)
Clapboard with whiteboard markers & eraser
Teehee, and just for fun!!
1 winner: an Acrylic Film Clapboard Dry Erase Director 10×12 with two colored whiteboard marker pens and whiteboard eraser (value $18)
More prizes added!
CONTEST RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- No purchase necessary.
- Making a purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
- Contest period: Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 at 12:01 AM Pacific time for 21 consecutive days, ending on Monday, August 10th, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Eligibility: contest is open to adults age 18+ around the world. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- How to participate: create video content using the Boosted: Video Maker app (which can be used for free), publish on social media with #BYV21 in the caption. Only public posts and public social media channels are eligible. Private accounts and private posts will not be included. Only videos posted on any of these social channels with #BYV21 in the caption will be counted as a contest entry: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Selection & notification of winners: prize winners will be chosen after Mari Smith and team have reviewed entrants’ videos and selected winners based on use of assets (contestant’s own, or from the Boosted templates, or from Getty in-app purchases), compelling and relevant creative, and captions. Winners will be contacted via DM on social media and/or via email and announced on a Facebook Live stream on Mari Smith’s Facebook Page on Thursday, August 13th at 12:00 PM Pacific time.
- Prizes: see above for our full prize list.
- Prize sponsors: where indicated, prizes generously donated by Agorapulse, Tailwind, and iOgrapher.
- Contest Host: Mari Smith International, Inc., 11956 Bernardo Plaza Dr., San Diego, CA 92128.
- Contest sponsor: Lightricks Ltd., Professor Racah St, Building 5.4, Jerusalem, Israel, 9190401.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Just let us know.
My entire team and tribe are here to serve and support.
Let’s do this.
Most of all, HAVE FUN and let’s get you a nice increase in reach, results and revenue by publishing more VIDEO on Facebook!Tags: Facebook Marketing, Facebook Video, Instagram Marketing, instagram video, Video Marketing, video tools
Categorised in: Social Media Marketing
This post was written by Keywords